Friday, July 1, 2011

Delays and Watches

Greetings from Amsterdam!

Well, it was quite the journey getting here. After my mom broke down while seeing me off, I quickly learned that my flight out of Detroit was delayed for two hours because of some technical problems. So I decided to use the time wisely, and search for a cheap watch, seeing as how, without my cell phone, I had no way of keeping track of time. But I soon learned that finding a cheap watch in an airport is next to impossible. Literally. I looked in every single open store, and could not find one for under $70. I could buy as many ear buds and shot glasses as I wanted, but a cheap watch was nowhere to be seen.

Because my flight was delayed, I missed my connecting flight from Amsterdam to Brussels, so I was forced to undergo a complex rebooking process when I arrived at Amsterdam which, though endlessly frustrating, ultimately resulted in me receiving an ‘amenity coupon’ which I then used to purchase my first legal beer ever. So it ended up being a win-win scenario for everyone.

Alright, well I’m running short on free internet time, so I’m going to cut this post short. Thanks to all of my followers- I’m up to seven already! You guys are great. I’ll update more when I can.

-cdk

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Did you make it to Belgium? (Didn't I tell you to look at CVS or Target for that watch, LOL?!) BTW, Kelsey's flight out of Miami was also delayed by a few hours-THEN a huge thunderstorm rolled in... go figure. She boarded her flight about 2 hours late and hopefully landed a short time ago! This is more than one mother can take. :) I am glad you are in good spirits (not so sure about the drinking of spirits LOL!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would spend your amenity coupon on booze. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete